[thechat] My State of Union Address

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Fri Mar 28 07:22:55 CST 2003

At 18:04 28/03/2003 +0500, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
>From: "Elfur Logadottir"
>
> > lets
> > discuss how and where we are meeting up this summer,
>
>I wanted to be a tourist in Iraq this summer. I wanted to visit the tombs
>of my
>holy ancestors.
>
> > let's tell each other
> > about our great victories in our personal lives
>
>Greatest victory of my personal life will be to disarm USA, UK and Israel.

   I think that's kinda not what she meant, Syed.

   Nina and I have been considering our options for holidays (vacations)
this summer. We were thinking of going to Cyprus, but it's expensive, both
in getting there and being there. We had considered Malta, too, but it's in
the same boat. After poking at the notion of the Algarve in Portugal, I
think we're going to settle for heading for the west coast (Ireland)
instead. There's a health spa/adventure centre/hotel place out there called
Delphi, which looks kinda neat. (http://www.delphiescape.com/)

   Great victories? Hm. Getting the snip a couple of weeks ago was the
major event - you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get a vasectomy
in this country. But 'tis done, and I'm now mostly not-sore.

   I'm playing my usual vast amounts of D&D - three nights a week, at least
- and playing an MMOPRG  called Anarchy Online, which I'm finding
interesting. I beta tested it years ago, and thought it was rather poor,
but it's definitely improved with age. I do need more RAM for my machine to
cope with it properly, though.

   What else... life goes on. My existing hosting for greenwoodgames.com
needs changing, I think. It's not reliable enough, and it's quite expensive
(shared co-lo box). I also need to actually redevelop the site, but I'm
getting close to off-topic there.

   I need more time in the week. There just aren't enough hours.

   Drew.

A Day In The Life of Drew: http://gothwalk.livejournal.com/