[thechat] Global lightbulbs

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Mar 28 08:59:08 CST 2003

Paul Cowan noted:

> I dunno ... but darn it all, now you have me wondering if light bulbs in
> OZ are threaded counter-clockwise.  Coriolis effect and all kinds of big
> words like that there ...

*****Clockwise, sorry to disappoint.
********************************

Hi Paul,

I know - I was just messing around.  ;-)

I figured some 'technical person' would eventually chime in to give a lucid
explanation for how voltages and alternating current 'frequency' standards
vary from country to country or region in order to give Tara the real answer
to her question on why electrical 'stuff' can't be used willy-nilly from one
place to another.

******After all, does it not say in the Holy Bible the immortal words:
******    "lefty loosey, righty tighty"?

Now that you mention it, I heard last night that the Gideons were coming
around to replace all of their hotel bibles ... it turns out it didn't
actually take "six gays" to create the world.  Go figger!

RonL.