[thechat] My State of Union Address

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Fri Mar 28 08:36:41 CST 2003

Martin Burns wrote:
 > Of course, as a diver, I'm naturally inclined towards Malta anyway...

Martin,

When the world calms down you should try the Red Sea. It's not far, Egypt is
very cheap, it's hot, the beaches are fabulous... Even though I'm not a
diver, and not even a regular snorkeller (sp?), snorkelling in the Red Sea
was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I have been snorkelling
in Thailand, the Caribbean etc. but this was just *unreal*.  You can see for
ages. The water is so clear. There are so many fish and other creatures it's
incredible.

It was way better than anywhere else I'd been - by leaps and bounds better.
To be honest, snorkelling usually makes me very nervous (my eyesight is so
bad it's almost a type of sensory deprivation). Contacts helped my eyesight,
and the fact that I was so busy being astounded and awed meant that I had no
time to be afraid. It's right up there in my list of "The Most Amazing
Experiences" in my life.

There are tons of divers and dive shops there. Everyone I met said that the
diving is 10X better than the snorkelling.

Tara