[thechat] War Essentials: World Domination

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Mar 29 12:39:40 CST 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 12:15 AM 29-03-03, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
>
> Have to wonder why these "oppressed" people pack their bags and immigrate
> to America in the first place. There weren't any "native" Muslims in USA,
> AFAIK.

By the same token, there aren't any 'native' Christians in the USA either,
as Christianity is also an import (just as it is to every country except
Israel)

> >Study the history of Muslims. When Muslims attack  THEY ATTACK TO WIN.
>
> Ahem. I won't point out examples to further inflame the issue, but you know
> you're wrong on that one.

I don't think so, not that that makes Syed correct in the corollaries
(every country attacks to win, but not all are successful)

> >Not to boast but some very solid reports state that there are some
> >Pakistani military experts which have created almost flawless plans to
> >free and take hold of Indian-Occupied Kashmir within hours.
>
> Just like Bush and Blair made plans to occupy Iraq "Real Soon Now". And
> what do you mean by "Indian-occupied" anyway? That's like
> "American-occupied" Texas.

An interesting choice of state...

> >But it's international laws and their internal morality that is not
> >allowing them to do so. If Pakistan is attacked and its sovereignty is
> >endangered, Pakistan will use all possible options.
>
> You can't launch a nuke as far as USA.

but, but, but, surely that doesn't stop a country in possession of nukes
offering immediate danger to the USA... or does it also have to be in
possession of large oil reserves..?

> Look, I may not like Bush. I may not agree with his war against Iraq. I
> even know he's a religious fella. But I'm fairly confident that this
> conflict is not about religion at all. This isn't "Christians v/s Muslims",
> despite your apparent need to feel that way. This to me is mostly economic.

It always was. Even in wars 'officially' about religion, religion is just
an excuse.

Cheers
Martin