[thechat] War Essentials

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Sun Mar 30 11:17:33 CST 2003

From: "Sean"

| Are the only tactics open to Palestinians include bombing a child's
party?
| Or families sitting down to a holiday meal?  Or an attack on a market
timed
| for lunch time when the most civilians would be there?  Does it matter
| whether they use homemade bombs, tanks or MX missiles?  Are you saying
the
| use of those targets is justified?
|
| Again, I know Israelis have tanks and Palestinians homemade bombs.  My
| question goes to how those bombs are used.  Do you think the
Palestinians'
| situation justifies attacks on innocent civilians?
|
| God is great.  =)

All this made me think of N-Ireland, and the battle they've fought there
over the past century.
Is that one any different from Palestine vs Israel?
Using that analogy, does it help you at all in understanding either
situation?
Aren't both occasions just a symbol of desperate situations calling for
desperate measures (not justifying anything, just thinking out loud).

elfur
the peaceful one