[thechat] Why send reserves?

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Sun Mar 30 20:10:10 CST 2003

> You'd be surprised how many guardsmen volunteer to go to the middle
> east when given the chance - probably nearly every one you see on TV
> going to some undisclosed location volunteered.

In many cases, that probably is a reflection of *both* their
desire to serve their fellow man, and a desire to escape
their current circumstances, whether they be an
oppressive job, an oppressive wife, or nothing decent on
TV.

Most men live lives of quiet desperation. Some of us head
off to the middle east so we can kill something.

deke

--

RIP Adam Osborne, 1939-2003
And 23 pounds of thanks!