[thechat] weird mail hiccup

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Wed Apr 2 19:20:14 CST 2003

javier wrote:
> this morning I saw the strangest thing happen in my mail client
> (mozilla), I downloaded last night's mails... initially, I only recieved
> half of them (i knew some were missing since i send things to myself
> from home to work via mail).
>
> when I downloaded the rest, they came in all scrambled, the message body
> did not match the subject and sender, some messages were concatenated (a
> la digest) including contents from different lists into a single message
> body, and other messages came in blank.
[snippage]
> anyone have a clue about what happened?
> can it happen again?

This happened to me often enough last year (4 or 5 times) that I stopped
using Moz for mail. Couldn't find any solutions. I suspect it's some sort of
local file corruption, or a weird memory/drive space issue.

So... yes, it's happened to me. Yes, it will probably happen again. No, I
don't have any useful advice. :)

Good luck!

--

David Wagner