[thechat] Powell & Blunkett

Bill Haenel mail at webmarketingworx.com
Thu Apr 3 23:04:15 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 14:29, Erika Meyer wrote:
> Bob Davis wrote:
> >The talk 'round here (from NPR - which is generally considered to be very
> >liberal)
>
> what?  oh you mean "generally considered" IN TEXAS to be very
> liberal.  where I hail from, NPR is "generally considered" to be the
> voice of the mainstream.  Intellectual, yes.  Educated, yes.  But
> *very* mainstream.

Where I hail from - at my desk inside the walls of an NPR member station
- NPR is "generally considered" to be a tad conservative.

I don't tend to tow that line myself (much), but there are at least a
few super-annuated hippies scattered about the (NPR member station)
group yelling, "damn those NPR News Bureau folks!"

Well, maybe they don't yell, and maybe they don't say "damn", but they
do seem to think NPR retains a little steam, and prolly a might bit
tight around the sphincter as well.

Disclaimer: My opinion only - not my employer's, or NPR's, or my dog's,
or my kids'.

BH