[thechat] Army chaplain offers baptisms, baths

Michele Wandrei michele at inthree.com
Mon Apr 7 12:30:29 CDT 2003

> > ''It's simple. They want water. I have it, as long as they
agree to
> > get baptized,'' he said.
>
> That's so theologically incorrect I don't know where to
begin...

I have to agree there.  My pastor is fond of saying that if you
want to talk to a hungry man about God, first give him food.  If
you want to talk to a thirsty man, first give him water.  THEN
you can talk to him about God.  Forcing people to get baptized to
obtain water only makes them go through a meaningless ritual.

People like this give the rest of us a bad name.
Michele Wandrei
inThree Design
www.inthree.com