[thechat] Lanchester's Law: Too Few American Soldiers

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 21:51:45 CDT 2003

Err

In fact, I looked at the provided CNN link, which missed
out several important details and got several facts (which
are backed up by video evidence in the BBC version) wrong,
and criticised it on those grounds.

*That* got called for trolling.

The opinion that it and every other US report we're seeing
over here wouldn't make it past a UK news outfit is based
on my having worked for several of them.  Which Hugh hasn't.

That also got called for trolling.

'Playing nice'  (which you and I have recently and belatedly
agreed upon :-)  ) doesn't cover either jibe, imho.  Disagree
by all means - please do in fact.  But shouting 'troll'
ain't productive.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8459 4923       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com