[thechat] Log File Question

Sean ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Tue Apr 8 21:11:59 CDT 2003

d since that's kind of off-topic ... Wooooot!  Thanks to my log
]files I've just found
]out that I'm # 1 in a google search for 'picture of parmesan
]cheese' ... although exactly
]_why_ anyone would search for that specific phrase eludes me
]completely ... and yes,
]I'm probably much better off not knowing.
]
]
]RonL.
]Pleased but confused ... (and isn't that all anyone can really
]hope for anyway?)    ;-P

Howdy,

Your parents must be very proud.  To be #1 in a google search is something;
but to #1 for something as marvelous as 'picture of parmesan cheese' is
something else.  (Great picture btw.)

I got me to wondering if I could be #1 in a google search for something.
After trying a few phrases, I thought I might be #1 in me.  Trying
'firstname lastname' (without the quotes) didn't get me very far--#8 is a
link to thelist tip harvester.  (Yeah, I realize this search is more likely
to produce links to sites other than my own; I don't have my full name like
that too much on my site.  But it was either that or get back to work. ;)

So then I googled '"firstname lastname"' (with the quotes).  The tip harvest
shot up 6 spots to #2.  The interesting result was #5,
<http://www.ihatefreddurst.net/archive/2002_09_08_index.html>.  I don't know
which is better--my name is immortalized (in as much as the google cache can
be considered immortal) on ihatefreddurst.net, or that I given this honor by
a woman disavowing any relationship with me, though we have never met.  "I
never even dated him and only met him ONCE, at a party (at which I stayed
FAR away from him). He's a schizophrenic pathological liar and scares the
living daylights out of me."  Made quite an impression, didn't I?

For those that have read with me so far, here's the pay off.  A little
deeper into the results my name appears on the same page as these gems from
the past:

<objunky author="Marlene Bruce <xxxx at xxxxx.xxx.xxx>">
I'm sure this has been said repeatedly before, but go read the WAI
accessibility guidelines:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-WAI-PAGEAUTH
I wish I'd done so sooner.
</objunky>

<objunky author="aardvark">
August 1998 study by Netcraft of HTTP servers on the net:
--
Apache web servers:	1.41 million
Microsoft servers (any):	628,570

<http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/jhgl/mjfaq/objunkies/objunkies_9_98.txt>

Something about things changing...

--Sean G

"I'd like to bury my face in two dozen 'Krispy Kreme' glazed donuts & just
lie there & think about Hello Kitty!"