[thechat] Start spreading the news

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 04:10:04 CDT 2003

Hi all

My 30th is approaching with growing speed (well feels like it anyway) and
determined to avoid the whole getting drunk and morase in England thing I've
decided to flee the country with my girlfriend for a few days.  Anyway our
plan now is a long weekend in NYC (Amsterdam and Iceland having fallen by
the wayside).  Soooooo, I was hoping people could suggest good places to get
cheap flights, nice places to stay (cheap is good too), and things to do.
She's already lining up a number of museums she wants to visit (the downside
of going abroad with someone who works in a museum, she wants to see the
museums - not what's actually in them), so I want some alternatives.
Geeky/alternative things particularly :)

Norman