[thechat] Start spreading the news

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 16:58:28 CDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Norman Beresford wrote:

> decided to flee the country with my girlfriend for a few days.  Anyway our
> plan now is a long weekend in NYC (Amsterdam and Iceland having fallen by
> the wayside).  Soooooo, I was hoping people could suggest good places to get
> cheap flights, nice places to stay (cheap is good too), and things to do.
> She's already lining up a number of museums she wants to visit (the downside
> of going abroad with someone who works in a museum, she wants to see the
> museums - not what's actually in them), so I want some alternatives.
> Geeky/alternative things particularly :)

There's a Sony centre, which is fun. It's on Madison Ave iirc.

Do the boat trip round Manhatten, particularly if you've worn out your
feet with walking. You'll be jetlagged to hell and back, and there's not a
lot to do in Manhatten at 7am so you might as well walk...

You could always email Zeldman and go for beers :-)

Cheers
Martin