[thechat] Start spreading the news

kristenannfrey at yahoo.com kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 08:33:30 CDT 2003

My husband and I went for a long weekend in May last year.  I don't know
what your plans are for getting around the city, but Dan and I were on a
budget so we got subway/bus passes (we each got a 7-Day Unlimited Ride
MetroCard ). The web site for more info is http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/.  Be
prepared for a lot of walking.

I'm a fan of Hilton hotels (http://www.hilton.com) and often you can get
pretty good rates online (although I just looked on there site and could not
find many *good rates* - I think under $100 USD per night is good - it all
depends on the dates you plan to go).  We stayed at the Hilton at 1335
Avenue of the Americas.  There is also one at Times Square.  If you really
want luxury, try the Waldorf Astoria (which is really a Hilton).  I would
recommend getting a hotel in Midtown Manhattan so you are close to the
majority of sites.

Now you got me thinking about planning a trip!

http://www.nyc.com/ has a bunch of info too