[thechat] DIPLOMACY SCORE: SYRIA 1, NEOCONS 0

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Apr 13 23:27:29 CDT 2003

(If I could send rich text here I'd have made about half the words
bold, plus the entire sentence about Israel)

 From comments made by Imad Moustapha, Syrian Deputy Ambassador to the
US on Meet The Press, Sunday, April 13, 2003:

Please, please, let us be sure about this. Let me remind you of this
... Syria is not only accepting, it's warmly welcoming, it's our
desire, our wish, please help us free this region from all weapons of
mass destruction. We will not only accept the most rigid inspection
regime, but we will welcome it heartly. Please, come, go wherever you
want. It's not that we will be cooperating, we will be happy. Go
everywhere, but please, to every country in this Middle East. Every
country and we will be very happy. You know very well that Israel is
the country that is stockpiling nuclear weapons. This is an official
stand of Syria. Please come, please inspect every country in the Middle
East. It's not that we will accept, we will be very happy. Please help
us free the Middle East from weapons of mass destruction.

Full text at:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/899716.asp?0dm=V219V

--
-/erik/

stuff about the invasion, updated daily:
<http://shockingelk.com/>

If the only thing we still have to fear is fear itself, there is more
than enough to go around.
- R.C. Longworth

More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginnings of all wars.
-Franklin Roosevelt