[thechat] Hydrogen fuel to replace fossil fuel ... the evolution starts here ... now ...

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Apr 24 08:57:25 CDT 2003

So I guess the future is here.

Today our industrial minister in midst of election campaign opened up to
the public the first ever hydrogen gas station, open for public. (or so
they say)

The first hydrogen driven car has been imported and is driving on our
streets and as off next August there are going to start using hydrogen
in our public transport system.

Please excuse the horribly badly designed site (had nothing to do with
it ;) but I feel like celebrating the beginning of the fossil fuel
degrading season.

http://www.newenergy.is/default.asp

<quote>
The mission of Icelandic New Energy is to “investigate the potential for
eventually replacing the use of fossil fuels in Iceland with hydrogen
and create the world’s first hydrogen economy”.
</quote>

later
elfur