[thechat] Fish do feel pain

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Apr 30 18:32:38 CDT 2003

article is a total demonstration of how stupid western science can
be.  oooh we need to prove if fish can feel pain.  so let's torture
them and measure their reaction.

f*ucking western scientists.

I've seen fish in pain.  Just because they can't f*cking scream,
people have to argue they can't feel pain?

Do Iraqi children feel pain when US soldiers take over their school
and shoot their families?  Shall we conduct a controlled experiment?
or can we perhaps INFER A LOGICAL CONCLUSION????

damn, Martin.
http://www.seastorm.com/salmon/salmon_kill_2002/
you can't see any of the live salmon in these shots but I saw them,
and I could tell they were in a great deal of pain.  And I could do
nothing.  It made me cry, in fact.  It was pretty f*cking obvious.

Erika