[thechat] Vegetarian food in US restaurants

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Sat May 3 21:33:50 CDT 2003

Madhu wrote:
> > For heaven's sake, is it that hard for chefs there
> > to cook real vegetarian food?

rudy replied:
> heck no, it's a piece of cake (no pun intended)
>
> Dupea: I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes, tomatoes instead, a cup of
> coffee, and wheat toast.

Claim to fame (of the moment): above scene (from "Five Easy Pieces" starring
Jack Nicholson for those who didn't catch it) was filmed in a Denny's not
1/4 mile from my house. Have been there at late hours and received similarly
stellar levels of service.

And while the rest of North America may have problems, here in Eugene, one
of our best barbecue joints has a decent selection of vegetarian items. Yes,
*barbecue*. Just imagine what our vegetarian restaurants are like...

...but that's Eugene for ya.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net