[thechat] Vegetarian food in US restaurants

Dennis Reed jalun at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 6 00:29:00 CDT 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> Is it really that bad there?
Not here, at least (Akron OH).  Vegetarian items appear on most menus and I
can't recall a restuarant I've been in with a 'no substitutions' rule.
There is an Indian restuarant nearby (Raj Mahal in Cuyahoga Falls) which
offers a vegetarian buffet on weekends, and I've heard it's pretty good.
They don't do nearly as well as us omnivores, but vegetarians definitely
have options.

It's my girlfriend who has the greatest difficulty finding fare of anyone I
know.  She has Celiac disease (sometimes called gluten intolerance): gluten,
and therefore wheat and many other cereal grains, causes intestinal damage
and otherwise makes her ill.  And companies sneak wheat into so many things
it just isn't funny.   Interestingly, Raj Mahal is one of the few places she
can eat and eat well.

Dennis Reed