[thechat] Germans banned from killing ants

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Sat May 10 09:16:42 CDT 2003

Contrast this with Texas where we have an ongoing effort to eradicate
the fire ant which has decimated the horned toad population through a
combination of viciousness and killing their primary food source
(harvester ants) as I understand it.

Keep in mind though, that they are not a native species, so there's no
real place in the native eco system for them.

More here:

	http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~gilbert/research/fireants/faq.html

bob