[thechat] Big Read results - UK's 100 favourite books

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Mon May 19 17:11:01 CDT 2003

Martin noted:

>>http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml
>>I've read 29 of them

Although I'm having a very hard time taking seriously any "top" list that
includes Rosamunde Pilcher, I've read 51 of the Top 100 on this one. I would
have read more, except I'm saving Terry Pratchett for an emergency.

The way my favourite authors are dropping dead these days, forward planning
is important.

--Bri
(who was unable to hold out, and is now reading The Salmon of Doubt -- the
last DNA book she's not read -- as slowly as possible.)