[thechat] Why?

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Sun Jun 1 01:47:54 CDT 2003

From: "Chris Marsh"

> > How much do you know about Islam?
>
> How far off the mark am I? We are not discussing the depth of my
> knowledge of Islam. As you do not dispute the integrity of my
> assertions, I can only assume that you accept that I am in this instance
> correct.

Without having in depth knowledge of Islam you cannot say anything about Islam.
If you study Quran in depth, you'll once shiver with fear.

> > > "Americans" are not evil.
> >
> > Yes, I like many Americans. Not becasuse they are Americans
> > but because they are good humans. When I think about their
> > nationality, I begin to doubt my likeness for them. That's
> > why I never consider their nationality. Americans are not
> > evil. But who are those who are terrorizing the rest of the
>
> Um, fundamentalist muslims? Jews? Christians? Take your pick.

Is there any Muslim in the government of USA?

> > world in the name of peace and security? I like Iraninans
> > because they are Iraninas. Their personal character is
> > secondary to me. Same is for Chinese and Turkish.
>
> That seems crazy to me. Again, I say that judging people by their racial
> stereotypes is racist and bigotted. It is also asking for trouble on a
> personal level. Imagine buying a used car (or donkey, whatever) from a
> complete stranger. You know him to be *nian, and you like *nians, so you
> trust him and buy without looking under the bonnet (or tail, whatever).
> Not a very good way to acquire goods and/or services from strange
> vendors.

It is very natural if you take it microscopically. I like Iran and China as
countries. It's natural that I would like anybody belonging to these countries.
But in long time scenario, I'll take care of the person's personal character and
my personal relation with him/her on his personal character.
I don't like USA. Naturally I'll hesitate from any American. But his/her
personal character will persuade me to like him/her.
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/