[thechat] Why?

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Wed Jun 4 13:38:55 CDT 2003

From: "Chris Marsh"

> Syed very often represents himself as a devout muslim.

Did I ever claimed so?

> He also
> represents views that I consider to be against the muslim ethic.

Islam has nothing to do with your considerations.

> suggested that the prophet Mohammed would not approve of some of the
> views that Syed puts forward.

How much do you know about Prophet Muhammad?

> He then failed to respond to any specific
> question or contention I offered. He didn't even manage to attempt any
> kind of rational argument as to why I was wrong, instead indulging in
> the kind of tosh that I would not usually expect from the denizens of
> this list. Thus showing a long streak of hypocrisy.

I deliberately refused to answer to your questions because of following reasons:
1.    Your previous record of responses
2.    Your readily readiness not to accept
3.    Comparing Islamic principals with your own and rejecting which don't match
with yours

Islamic books and other related content is very common and not hard to find. I
would suggest you Google.

> If his problem was
> with hypocrisy in general, perhaps it would have been more valid to
> choose an example that didn't involve large-scale death and destruction
> being the result of NOT being hypocritical.

Death and destruction is everywhere. Even in the hearts and minds of oppressed
people. How can I close my eyes?

Are you afraid of death?

> Anyone who tells me that I will shake with fear upon reading a religious
> tract or anyone that assumes that I am ignorant of religions simply
> because I choose not to follow them is grabbing their religion and
> beating me with it, as if it is a bludgeon.

I had no intention to offend you. I am sorry if you were so sensitive. I was
just telling you one of many experiences of some of those non-Muslims who later
became Muslims.

> This is not TheReligion, it
> is TheChat.

Thank God! You realized it. My original mail was not concerned with religion in
anyway. That's what William assessed very wisely. You brought the religion into
the discussion. I was trying to avoid religious discussions these days.

> Occasional religious discussions are stimulating.

This time you brought the religion into the discussion.

> Syed is
> very quick to take offense at perceived slights on him or his religion,

I don't take offence on myself until it is very extreme. Yes, when it comes to
religion, I do take offence very quickly.

> He has lived in this world long enough to become jaded
> by rationalizations and other complexities.

Just a self-perception, far away from reality.

> In my mind Syed is a very nice guy,

Thanks for your GENEROSITY!

> but tainted with hatred for the
> West.

Not West! I don't hate West. West is not just West. It is a part of our
beautiful Earth; the only living planet in the solar system and all other
planetary systems to which the boundaries of our knowledge reach. Think of Earth
and Humans. There are some humans who are exploiting their own fellow beings.
Some humans are polluting whole planet just because they want to earn more money
and clearly refuse to take steps to stop the pollution from their resources of
pollution. Don't they care about their own generations to come?
A group of people is destroying other countries and killing their people just
because they want to dominate and access their natural resources illegally to
earn more money and resources.
Is it Humanity?

>If only he could maintain his religious views and a worldly
> objectivity side by side perhaps his views would become less extreme. My
> personal belief is that this would make him a happier person.

In one line: For a Muslim religion and world cannot be parallel; they have to be
collinear.

> Granted. But asking why the USA is not advocating MORE death and
> destruction is a particularly silly way to do this.

I never asked USA to advocate MORE death. USA doesn't need to advocate. It is
doing it by its own hands (military resources).

--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/