[thechat] Why not?

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Thu Jun 5 05:44:42 CDT 2003

>Isaac!  How long are you in the land of excessive heart disease (Scotland,
>doh!)  There *must* and *will* be another beervolt :)

well, i have myself in a bit of a silly situation. wasn't able to get a uk working visa while in australia. planned on sending my passport home to get one, but that's not a possibility. waiting to hear from embassies in amsterdam, brussels and berlin, to see if i could take care of it there. if they're not possibilities, then i am unable to work a nice menial uk job...

beervolt plans are good, but if you've got any ideas for work opportunities, that will help immensely! surely i can freelance without anyone even needing to know i'm here? or something similar?

so, for this reason of being without any serious plans (mostly just options), we're suddenly less concrete on our UK plans. i.e., if i can't work, and kate is earning average uk retail $ while we're paying your exorbitant cost of living, who knows if it's worth a long time stay...

who knows. any ideas?

i'd like to do some work on evolt.org stuff when possible. and bits and pieces for clients at home, but no idea what else.

isaac