Matrix 2 --> thread hi-jack (was: Re: [thechat] Why?)

Ashok Hariharan listman at hazard0us.org
Thu Jun 5 06:12:32 CDT 2003

On 05-06-03, Elfur Logadottir wrote:
>howsabout y'all telling me what you thought about
>Matrix 2 now that it has premiered all over

I watched it twice -- i thought the car chase and the big fight were
really exceptional.  Things like the pseudo-porn scene/sequence
of the french dialogue/sappy-heart recharge were pretty cheesy
though.....  Can't wait for the last part !
(I suspect they might end up making some pre-quels in the future
with the "five earlier anomalies" and all...)

It ran here for a couple of weeks and then abruptly left the theaters.
I think many people had not seen the first part here, so they didn't quite

follow it.
(Science fiction does not do well in the theaters here,  normal action
movies do *extremely* well, XXX and james bond ran for ages...)

--ashok