[thechat] [Spoilers] Re: Matrix 2

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Thu Jun 5 07:15:43 CDT 2003

i re-watched matrix 1 after seeing the second and thought it
was much more average than i'd remembered. wondering
if anyone else had a similar experience...

>No really....
>
>.... what!??
>
>Oh alright then.
>
>To be honest, when I first went to see it I came out of the
cinema
>feeling pretty disappointed. I remember when the first one
came out of
>nowhere and blew everyone away and I guess I was a
little naive to
>expect Reloaded to have the same effect.
>
>However, that night I had shed loads of questions running
through my
>head and I was finding it difficult to get to sleep (last film
that
>had that effect on me was Darren Aranofskys 'Pi'), so I
went to see it
>again.
>
>That's when it clicked. Now I think it's pretty damn
fantastic

>It was always gonna suffer from the fact that it's the
middle episode
>and it's introducing lots of new facets to the universe (pay
attention
>during The Architects speech), and I can see why
Revolutions is coming
>out in Novemeber, because at the end you're sitting there
going
>'????... nooooo! you bastards!'
>
>As for the set pieces... the car chase is one of the best
sequences I've
>seen in cinema for a long long time. Some of the fight
scenes were a
>little long, especially the Burly Brawl, but second time
round I found
>myself getting drawn into them anyway... so I guess
there's something in
>there.
>
>Oh, and if you get a chance, it's well worth watching the
Animatrix