Matrix 2 --> thread hi-jack (was: Re: [thechat] Why?)

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 07:34:35 CDT 2003

I thought the fight scenes/chases went on for too long.  They threw in too
many hacknied special effects (hey, they were special the first time, they
aren't the hundreth time).  Too much verbal garbage.  The sun glasses didn't
look that good this time round.  Keanu wore a stupid outfit (apt fit by all
accounts <miaow />).  And hey, that club scene worked the first time in
Blade, but you can't have water sprinklers spraying blood in a cave.  An
excellent demonstration in how to over egg a pudding.  And the fact that
they've obviously taken one film and stretched it out to make two is
appalling as well (sorry, in my book a film (or book or whatever) should be
a contained story, even if it works well as part of a larger picture.
Reloaded just stops).  It's not a terrible film per se, but after they
hype/expectation it becomes one.

Norman