[thechat] Restaurant (was: Last Math exam)

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Fri Jun 6 03:57:34 CDT 2003

>On the menu front, I've nearly finalised my menu, which I'll post here when
>I'm done. (Of course, Indian taste buds and occidental taste buds may find
>different things appealing, but what the heck.)

Oh, can I design it?

>a) Raise awareness about the cuisine (itself relatively unknown here) by
>creating a monthly newsletter devoted to cooking techniques and Asian food
>appreciation, written and designed by yours truly. ;)

Do spots on daytime TV! Do you have morning talk shows (not quite like Oprah/Rickie) like those in AU (you might have seen them when you were here).

>I'll use "Stir-fried chicken with basil and chillies" instead of "Gai Pad
>Gaprow" :D

I hope you're still going to use dual-names.

Chinese restaurants in Spain have hilarious translations for their names. One dish that we never tried, but laughed at whenever we read the menu was "Ants go up tree".

>PS: Isaac should be arriving in time to eat at Shiok. Listening to lame
>jokes is the trade-off.  :)

The other day, Kate said "this Madhu sounds funny", so I've stopped talking to her. JK!

We may come earlier or later. So much is up in the air right now with the working visa muck-up. Dublin is suggesting that mainland Europe is my best bet, so we could be going to Amsterdam for a weekend.

isaac