[thechat] Restaurant (was: Last Math exam)

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Jun 6 08:25:25 CDT 2003

Madhu Menon opined:

>>I thought that I had found *the* place for it.
>>It wouldn't matter how good my place was; it was next to
>>a huge mofo that would always outclass my place in the looks department.

Hi Madhu,

<wince /> Ouch!  Oooo - that smarts, man.  Rats!

>>And so a dream place goes flush down the toilet.

Now _here_ I'm gonna have to disagree. Fate is on your side, dude.
Luck *is* your lady. ... Consider ... You found out about this hoity-toity
seafood place _before_ you plunked down your cash.

Timing could have easily gone the other way and they could have started
construction on that joint during your opening week. *THEN* you would have
been truly hosed.  I think you dodged a big bullet.

Sounds to me like you still have 'the plan', 'the \'tude', 'the smarts', and
'the culinary skillz0rz'!  {Surely 'the babes' must follow - Right?}  ;-)

You can learn from experience, you can refine your direction ... but you
can never let 'the dream' die!

RonL.
(Sooooo anyway ... tell me more about your 'delivery' menu!)   ;-P