[thechat] The Credit Card Prank

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Sat Jun 7 09:37:19 CDT 2003

Madhu Menon wrote:
>So my question was, how crazy
> would I have to make my signature before someone would actually
notice?

In truth, American banks, and presumably their credit card divisions,
simply don't verfy signatures at all. Instead they hold a certain
amount of money in reserve to pay off legal claims brought by people
whose cards or checks were fraudulently processed/cashed. They've made
the business decision that it's less expensive to pay off claims than
to hire personnel to verify signatures.

So...go as crazy as you like. It won't matter, at least here in the
US. (Just look at our administration). :)

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com