[thechat] Spam Defense: IP Shielding Software?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Sat Jun 7 10:32:10 CDT 2003

Lately the spam is just piling up in my in box. It seems some of the
spammers have found me via my IP address. I know I can block my IP by
using an anonymous proxy server, like anonymizer, but I thought there
might be desktop software out there that can shield IP info without
having to run through a 3rd party proxy. In fact, years ago I had some
ad blocking software that I thought (imagined?) did this.
Unfortunately, that software's no longer being developed and I don't
have my old copy any more.

Anyone have ideas on some software, or even a hack, that could help
with this? Again, I /don't/ want to have to rely on an a 3rd party
proxy for this?

Thanks!