[thechat] nagrom's new ride

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 11:58:23 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Morgan Kelsey"

> > Hang out at the 24-hour gas station.
> >
> > Ahh, memories of  that Mobile will always be with me.

But apparently my ability to spell "Mobil" will not :)

> > (Who used to date a guy who's parents had a summer place in Wilton, the
> > adjoining town.)

> whoa, small world.

So small that you could actually outrun the Ridgefield cops (who were bored
and took speeding very seriously) by crossing the line to Wilton. They
couldn't follow you. What can I tell you: it was cool when we were 18.

(On a side note, however, at the wise old age of 31, I would *so* send my 18
year old self to my room for pulling a stunt like that.)

But I do know what you really meant by "small world" and yes it is. Just
doesn't surprise me much anymore.

> i live up in Bethel, which is kind of the Hoboken of Danbury.

I *like* Hoboken! And Bethel is cute, iirc.

> for instance, we have a guy who is a "UFO Expert".
> at least it says so, on the back of the jumpsuit he wears around town
> (*not* kidding).

Yup, no shortage of whackjobs. Adds to the Connecticut charm, donchaknow.

--Bri