[thechat] In iPod He Trusts

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Sat Jun 14 08:12:25 CDT 2003

> Hey, while we're at it, suppose I wanted to use Winamp in my restaurant
> (approx. 1500 sq ft; 60 seater), what kind of speakers should I be looking
> for? I don't want blaring music. I only want it at a level where you hear
> it, but when you start speaking to each other, the music doesn't get in
the
> way.
>
> Recommendations?

yeah, hire some *real-live* musicians....you cheap-skate!

then you can spend all night telling em to turn down,
and wondering why you didn't just get an iPod.

:p

seriously though, you'll need some little guys to mount up in the ceiling
corners.
hire musicians no taller than 3 feet 6 inches, and you should be fine.

really, seriously now, speakers are a real get-what-you-pay-for item. if you
want them to sound decent (even at low volumes) you'll be looking to spend
around $100-150 (american) for a pair.

nagrom
(whose 20GB Archos eats iPods for breakfast)
http://morgankelsey.com