[thechat] Mangoes

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Mon Jun 16 15:48:02 CDT 2003

From: "Roger Austin"

>   Mangoes can't grow in areas that get below freezing. This eliminates
> most of the U.S.A. and especially my area of North Carolina. I think
> there are people who try to grow them in containers and in greenhouses,
> but I haven't been aware of them producing any fruit.
>   Try http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/mango.html for a good review of mango
> tree culture.

Thanks for the link! It was pure technical information for raising mango trees
in USA.
The basic idea of my question was related to public. What about the public
access to mangoes as fruits? Are mangoes commonly (or easily) available in the
markets of USA (and Canada)?

Thanks!
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.