[thechat] Flight Simulator in Excel 97

**1st Vamp** wes at pmason.karoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 16:26:58 CDT 2003

There used to be a racing car game in a version of Excel, became very popular in my old
college for obvious reasons.

I've played on both the flight sim and the racing game, rather fun, better than the hidden
credits in MSIE 5.xx (or was it 4?) anyway.

The term for them is "easter egg".

Here are some famous Easter Eggs relating to Dr Who and other geekessities in Star Trek
TOS/TNG/DS9:
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/st-tng/trivia/in-jokes.html

- --
1stVamp
(Wesley Aaron Mason)

[ Site at somewhere :: http://1stvamp.org/ ]
[ Webcomic from nowhere :: http://gfbowl.com/ ]

Monday, June 16, 2003, 9:51:26 PM, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:

> From: "Chris Marsh"

>> Dear all
>>
>> A friend forwarded me this, but I don't have Excel 97 on any machine.
>> Anyone care to confirm that it works?
>>
>> http://vsbabu.org/software/fsxls.html

> I have told about this to a friend of mine. He says such special things are
> secretly kept in the office family products of MS. Word also contains such an
> amazing feature. When I asked about it, he said, "I can't remember".
> Now I am searching in that Google thing.
> --
> Syed Zeeshan Haider.

> Allah says to Mankind:
> "Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"

</snip>