[thechat] Video Question - jpg still from mov file?

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Jun 17 14:41:34 CDT 2003

Kevin Stevens asked:

> I was up in Austin last weekend and, as part of the festivities, took a
small video of the famous Austin
> bats with my video camera ... roughly a 7 Mb QuickTime [*.mov format]
file.

>>>This sounds like an amazing sight. Nobody else has mentioned it, but I would
>>>love to see this. Any chance of uploading it so I can take a peek?

Hi Kevin,

It was impressive. Unfortunately my video skillz aren't ... yet! (He says
hopefully!) The lighting was poor, I was too far away, I was in the wrong
location, the dark got in my eyes, I had a flat tire, my tuxedo didn't come
back from the cleaners, I had to go visit a sick friend, <insert favorite
lame-butt excuse here>, etc.

Okay, if anyone is interested, I'll try to put the video and a few stills
I shot out for sharing tomorrow.

The second photo down this page is (better than but) more along the lines
of what I shot ... that long thin line of dots in the sky:
http://www.batcon.org/discover/congress.html

My shots were from the hotel parking lot ... at least 10 miles from the bridge.

RonL.
(Anyone elese remember Calvin's school project presentation "Bats! Scourge
from the Skies!" with all the other kids shouting "Bats Aren't Bugs!"?)