[thechat] Secret Mails

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Jun 18 12:57:01 CDT 2003

Yes, I confess.  I, too, have been known to enjoy spam.  Most spam is
no good, but when it is good, it can be very very good.  I've even
been known to forward the really good ones.  My favorite spam is the
spam that plays on stupidity AND greed... or the less common but even
more fun, the spam that comes from total freakin lunatics on a
mission from God.

Even better if there is an associated lunatic web site (for further
information)... I got one like that a few weeks ago that lapsed back
and forth between English and German and had made all these
connections between Adolf Hitler, George Bush, Former Chancellor
Kohl, the Brandenburg Gate, and Satan King of Darkness.  The end of
the world is coming, get right with God, that kind of thing.

  The site (which rapidly disappeared) featured many, many animated
gifs along with multicolored text in English and German, was
inexplicably split exactly horizontally across the browser window
into two frames. There was a looping gif of eternal hellfire, and a
little guy pissing on the Brandenburg Gate (which is actually the
gate of hell) and included many scary visions of swastikas, hitlers,
and george w. bush.  It was an amazing site.

Yes, Syed, spam can be good, and the more you get, the better chance
you have of getting some really really good spam.