[thechat] Secret Mails

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 18 13:35:54 CDT 2003

=> Yes, I confess.  I, too, have been known to enjoy spam.
=> Most spam is
=> no good, but when it is good, it can be very very good.  I've even
=> been known to forward the really good ones.  My favorite spam is the
=> spam that plays on stupidity AND greed... or the less common
=> but even
=> more fun, the spam that comes from total freakin lunatics on a
=> mission from God.

My all-time favorite spam is one that used to come to the NASA
mailserver from some whacko named Bob Lavelle. It used a bunch of
symbols (like <, >, +, O, etc.) to prove that God exists and will return
to judge humanity, etc., etc. They finally had to block all mail
containing his name and a few choice lines from the text.

Here's a link to the text:
http://www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml9950.htm

The rest are pretty much the basic "enlargement" ads. ;-)

Alan