[thechat] Video Question - jpg still from mov file?

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 14:11:28 CDT 2003

> Wow. It's weird the things you don't realise are tourist attractions.
> I'd seen the bats do their thing in Austin year after year in my
> childhood.

This thread has reminded me of when we stayed in the Luxor hotel in Vegas.
For those of you not familiar with the building it is a huge black glass
pyramid with a powerful spotlight pointing directly into the night sky from
the tip. Unsurprisingly, this attracts a huge number of moths and,
apparently, the night before we stayed there were an estimated 10,000 bats
swarming around the hotel. I didn't notice this when we stayed, but every
few minutes there would be a *thud* when a bat hit the window.
Thanks for posting the video, I'll have a look at it when I get back home to
my lovely broadband connection :)

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk