[thechat] Kazaa

Seb Potter seb at poked.org
Wed Jun 18 19:48:10 CDT 2003

> heh heh. Well, he spec'd and assembled two machines,
> I bought the parts. non-admin account on win98se?

Ah, yeah, good point.

>> I have just this minute finished watching nemesis,
>> and, you know what....
>>
>> ... i kinda liked it. (/me goes down in a sea of
>> flames...)
>>
> I rather liked it, but I have thought about setting up
> a web site called
> http://branna_and_bragga_must_go.com/.
> Waddaya think? There's so much good stuff sitting
> there
> in "Enterprise" and it's just not doing anything and
> those two are just rehashing the same themes and stuff
> over and over. Aggravating. Especially when "Firefly"
> only lasted what, 12 weeks?

Damn straight, Branna and Bragga have totally gutted the Trek franchise
(which is all it is to Paramount at the end of the day) and made it this
soulless formulaic garbage when it could have been so much more.

Still, the ratings nose-dive of Enterprise season 2 kinda shook them up,
and I think the new direction that "The Expanse" has opened up might be
worth bearing with for another half a season, just to find out.

Still, having assiduously avoided all of Vygr, I'm really hoping that
something good happens to Trek, even if it means cancellation and a serious
directional rethink.

Firefly was quite seriously the best sci-fi I've ever seen in my entire
life. More story and character in a single episode than Trek could cope
with in the lifetime of a show. I can't wait for the DVD with the full run
of episodes, and I really hope like hell Whedon succeeds in his fervent
struggle to keep making the show.

Anyone see the last series of Buffy and notice the actor playing Caleb was
Mal Reynolds from Firefly? Nice to know that Whendon's not afraid to re-use
talent when he sees it. Just hope that James Marsters doesn't show up in
Firefly: Planet of the Bloodsuckers...

> I've been ready for "Pirates of the Carribean" for a
> while and now I'm starting to think "the Hulk" looks
> like it might be good. And of course there's only 181 days, 7 hours, 34
> minutes and 23 seconds till ROTK
> comes out. :)

Hulk looks like a riot, though I'm not sure about what appears to be some
seriously plastic CGI sequences of the big guy.

ROTK in only 181 days?!? I better go get in line!!!

Hehe, WETA digital took delivery of a new rendering farm last week... 588
dual-cpu 2.8GHz blade servers from IBM... they're just gearing up to render
ROTK.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3507549

- seb

--