[thechat] Technology advances

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Jun 21 12:42:34 CDT 2003

At 10:12 PM 21-06-03, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
>Guru G,
>Just one question!
>How do you manage to send that much                         links?

I'll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone.

No, I'm serious. I don't want people to have the same abilities as I do.

You sure you won't tell anyone?

Once again, can I trust you with my secret?

OK, then, scroll...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Waitamminit, are you absolutely certain this will not leave your lips?

Phew, that's good. Scroll...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

My secret weapon is...

These keyboard shortcuts I have.

1) See, first I press Alt-D in Internet Explorer. This takes me to the URL
field.

2) Then I press Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard.

3) Then, smart cookie that I am, I press Alt-Tab to go to Eudora, my email
client.

4) Yet another keyboard shortcut - Ctrl-N - starts a new message.

5) Ctrl-V quickly pastes the URL into the message body.

6) Using my kewl 75 WPM typing skillz, I type something half-funny into the
"department" department (pardon the pun).

7) My final keyboard shortcut of the day - Ctrl-E - queues the message for
sending.

Ta da! That's it, dude! See, if everyone found out how simple it was,
they'd all be doing it, right?

If you tell anyone, I will kill you. :p

Cheers,

Madhu

Madhu "MadMan" Menon
Defender of Justice, Destroyer of Evil, and Keeper of the Knowledge