[thechat] Pride (and $50) at Steak

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Sun Jun 22 11:30:39 CDT 2003

> Nope. There's a place in Amarillo Texas (way up north in the
> pan-handle) that has the "Ol' 96'er" = a 96 oz. steak. Same deal.  I
> could never eat that.  I think we need an Aardvark for it.

They had a similar deal at a restaurant in Rochester
Minnesota when I was up there in the late 1980s.
Seems to me they was 60 ounces for $35, and they
served it to you one 10 or 12 ounce piece at a time;
if you didn't finish one piece, the remaining pieces
stayed in the kitchen, rather than going home with
you in the doggie bag.

I was there with my late first wife. Neither of us was
very hungry that night. She got a piece of creamed
herring off the salad bar, and started chewing, and
pretty soon her eyes started bugging out. The more
she chewed, she said, the bigger it got in her mouth.
She complained about that for *years* afterwards.
Although you're not supposed to speak ill of the
dead, I suppose I could point out that she was
world-class when it came to complaining.

--
HTTP://GENEROUS.NET  The web's best personal
Free to place, free to browse, free to reply.