[thechat] Pride (and $50) at Steak

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Jun 23 12:36:34 CDT 2003

At 10:11 PM 23-06-03, Bob Davis wrote:
>take a cheap cut of steak, pound it out to about 1cm thick (or a little
>less), dip it in batter, fry it. Basically, it's Wiener schnitzel (vitello
>Milanese) made with beef. Then, you smother it in cream gravy. Serve with
>corn and mashed potatoes.

Why does this remind me of instant noodles, I wonder? (Ramen to you Americans)

Oh yes, this could be called "instant heart attack".

Bob, that meal you described sounds like it has all the calories I need in
a full day. Yummy saturated fat thrown in free, of course.

>chicken breast served the same way as chicken fried steak.

So lemme get this...

Chicken fried steak is steak made like fried chicken, and chicken fried
chicken would be chicken fried like, um, fried chicken? :)

>Try it. Seriously. It's very good.

Not in this lifetime. I feel my arteries getting clogged by just reading
the description. No Texan restaurants here either.

Cheers,

Madhu
(who had lemongrass steamed chicken for dinner)