[thechat] Pride (and $50) at Steak

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Mon Jun 23 13:57:20 CDT 2003

> chicken-fried steak -  yumm. I've been wondering about
> chicken-fried chicken myself. Nice to finally have an
> answer. Now I'm wondering about cheddar jack cheese. I
> had some Monterey Jack cheese last night. I've had
> mild, medium, and sharp cheddar. But cheddar jack
> cheese; wassat?

Monterey Jack is a type of jack cheese, but cheddar
jack has curds of cheddar and jack cheese mixed
together before it is compressed into molds.

Cojack is more popular than cheddar jack. It's colby
(aka "county line") cheese curds mixed with jack
curds before pressing.

deke
--
HTTP://GENEROUS.NET  The web's best personal
Free to place, free to browse, free to reply.