[thechat] Mac new stuff

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Jun 24 12:13:05 CDT 2003

Martin Burns asked:

>>...so, any non-current Mac users tempted to switch with all the stuff
>>announced yesterday?

Hi Martin,

Probably not in my house.  I think our next (soon) purchase will be a laptop
or tower to replace my wife's machine.

Her current machine is sooooo old ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
she rebuilt it earlier this week and it came up with IE2!
.
.
.
.
.
.
which, BTW, wouldn't let us in to the browser archive to download IE5
<NMF [1] - that's what she wanted />
because the archive, apparently, doesn't support folks w/o cookies
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
what is all that nonsense in the browser archive about checking "parentorg"
or whatever the heck it was anyway?
.
.
.
.
.
was that _really_ necessary?

an unhappy,

RonL.

(Who looked like a 'goober' instead of an 'old pro' because he kept saying
the evolt browser archive was THE place to go get IE5 ... and it didn't
freaking work!  Now I have to share (read: "lose") *my* machine because
she doesn't want to load Opera off my unlabeled diskettes. Swell.)

[1] Not My Fault