[thechat] Bill Frist on the Iraq War: WMD wasn't the main reason ...

R.Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 19:54:14 CDT 2003

Martin wrote:

>One could argue that the US therefore has a duty to invade plenty of other
>countries... including itself. Iraq's *way* down the list of BadGuys(tm).
>
>Cheers
>Martin

(disclaimer in advance.. just got back from a bbq where the alcohol was
flowing readily so....)

What I happened to find quite funny was an interview with some high-up
American guy a couple of weeks ago where he said something along the
lines of (On the topic of N Korea et al developing nuclear weapons) :

paraphrased : "we can't let these nations develop nuclear weapons (or
other WMD) because they could then use them to bully other countries
just because they have superior weapons and this isn't right"

Seems a bit hypocritical coming from the USA!

Isn't that just what the USA does/is doing? If history was different and
some other bunch of countries/nations developed nuclear weapons first
then we would probably be in the same state with some other superpower
calling the shots.

--
R.Livsey
Incutio Web Developer