[thechat] Bill Frist on the Iraq War: WMD wasn't the main reason ...

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Fri Jun 27 08:33:50 CDT 2003

[..]

> I'm glad that I am a
> citizen of the superpower and not the developing nation.  I think the

This is only natural, but it doesn't make the actions of the USA right
and just.

> world is a little bit safer having a nation that not only has
> used nukes
> in war, but has gone through over 50 years of dealing with
> the concept
> of mutually assured destruction. I think we know the lesson - I don't
> think countries without the nuclear history quite understand
> the stakes.
>
> Of course, having GWB at the trigger makes me a bit queasy,
> but not as
> much as General Musharaf with 20 ICBMs..

To me there is no difference between a nutter being in control of
nuclear weapons, and a nutter being in control of nuclear weapons. To
this end, GWB is much worse than OBL. I would much rather have a nutter
in control of non-nuclear weapons than a nutter in control of nuclear
weapons.

Regards

Chris Marsh