[thechat] Phillip Pullman

Seb Potter seb at poked.org
Mon Jun 30 15:06:59 CDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:22:40 -0700 (PDT), Terry Fowler
<quackamoe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I find that the most immediately noticed difference
> between Rowling and Pullman is that the latter can
> write. Meaning, his prose is wonderful. When I think
> of
> what I like about HP, JK's use of language isn't one
> of
> the first things to come to mind. Anybody out there
> familiar with this guy?

Yeah, absolutely, His Dark Materials (trilogy: Northern Lights, The Subtle
Knife, and The Amber Spyglass) is just extraordinary. In my opinion, now
that I've read 4 Potter books in 5 days, Pullman's writing is far superior
ot Rowling's.

Anyone that liked Potter but hasn't read His Dark Materials is doing
themself a grave literary injustice.

- seb

--
http://poked.org