[thechat] S A T Movies

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Jul 8 15:06:34 CDT 2003

Terry Fowler wrote:

>>The Mole People
>
> I saw this on tv on a Saturday afternoon during
> college
> and was surprised that it was actually a pretty good
> story. At least it was good  25 years ago.

I remember it being pretty good, too, though the mole people were
kind of campy. Of course, I saw it in a theater when it came out
(1956), and I was a 9-year-old sci-fi junky at the time  :-)

Actually, that's the same theater (the Parkside, in San Francisco)
where I saw War of the Worlds, which was killer. There's a moment
when someone in the military command center reports "San Francisco
has been destroyed"; half the people in the theater screamed. Very
engaging, very realistic for the time.

And Invasion of the Body Snatchers was pretty gripping...

Wouldn't mind seeing any of those again.
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.