[thechat] Next Anime Step?

Ben Dyer bendyer at swbell.net
Tue Jul 8 17:07:24 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jul 8, 2003, at 16:46 US/Central, **1st Vamp** wrote:

> I agree with everything Ben(der) says;
> how'd I know you might have a few things to say
> about anime? ;) </blog-injoke>

Tee-hee. :)  Oh, gee, I dunno...

> Also I'll do a bit of plugging..not for anything by me..but by Ben,
> check out his
> mostly-weekly Anime music project on his weblog for excellent examples
> of what can and is
> done with musical scores in modern and classical anime.
> Great listening if you give it a try.

Appreciate the plug. :)  And since you mentioned it first, I guess I'll
elaborate a bit.  From my FAQs: "The idea here is to give the vast
group of you who do not watch anime religiously and know every little
detail about all its facets a glimpse into some of the beauty and
variety in anime music."  So, what I do is post a couple of varied
files (classical, pop, rock, jazz, blues, instrumental, cutesy,
whatever) each week with some background information on the music and
the series.

Anyways, I only started a few weeks ago and there's enough planned for
a full year, so you have lots of chances to hear music.

All can be found at my site, http://www.radicalbender.com/

--Ben